As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little bits of info

Sorry about the previous post, it's just been occupying my mind (among other places) the last few days. I think I'm over it now.

Here are a few things before I head to the airport to head off to Siani.

- Fuse is getting short with some of the touts in town here. They don't stop! I'm also an easy target because I'm traveling alone. I went from police Arabic, to rude Arabic to rude English and now I'm uttering words under my breath in English while not giving them the time off day. My latest thought on that though is although I don't need what they are offering, should I not consider it something charitable or a tithe to use their services......mostly fellucas/cabs and little token Egyptian stuff.

- Spoke with a Christian fellow as I waited for a train in Cairo said Islam was destroying Egypt. He is a trained doctor who isn't allowed to practice or continue his education because he isn't a Muslim.

- I'm off to Dahab on the Gulf of Aqaba. Depending on how that goes I may head up into Jordan for a few days. As a Canadian I can get a visa to go into Jordan on the ferry.

I'm done for now

Kev

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama D said...

Yeah! Reading about Kevin's adventures again! Egypt, of all places! Sounds wonderful. HOpe you can make it to Jordan. I heard that country is incredible. Some day,I hope I can ride a camel too!! Stay safe! Mama still worries!

1:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home