As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hut iz yur nam?

Got asked that question over and over by the kids at the pyramids yesterday (What is your name?).......real cute when the kids ask, but annoying when the touts and vendors ask. I'm realizing the vendors all start out friendly, but in the end they want something and that is where the conversation stops.

A few highlights from the pyramids yesterday at the pyramids:

- Taxi from the subway to pyramids raised the price on me when we got to the pyramids. I left the original price of the cab on the back seat and walked out.

- Continue to be told one thing by the touts here, but end up doing the other and I seem to be okay...........haven't had any problems yet.

- Climbing the pyramids is forbidden, but was hailed over to a quiet area by the police who pointed up the pyramid, looked and pointed at his wrist like there was a watch there and said one minute. I declined, the years of people doing this has taken it's toll.

- Rode the single hump camel yesterday. Quiet humorous, and I'm satisfied now that it has been done.

- After a day in the sun at the pyramids, I got back to my hotel and took a quick nap at 5:00 p.m. Problem is that the nap didn't end until 2:00 am. So I was in bed for about 13 hours before I got up.

I'm on to luxor tonight on the sleeper train. Which will be nice. I'm enjoying the haggling and bargaining, but it is getting tiresome. As a result, I may forego the few days I Was hoping to do in the desert and head right to the beach resorts on Siani.

Unlike Korea when I had time to elaborate on all that went on, I don't have the same luxory here, so the blogs are short and sweet, hopefully when I get home I can expand further.

Kev

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev!

Glad you got to ride a camel - I'm excited to see pictures that prove it :)

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures when you arrive home!

Love you tons and tons!

Alex*

4:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home