As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Weekend Pics







This weekend consisted doing a bunch of little things around town such as visa applications, dentist visits, booking things for family visits and such, but it was in the midst of this that I was able to go pirate boating and hiking.

The pirate boat does need an explanation, here it is, in the form of a Kevin and Dan conversation.

At about 4:00 p.m. (Kev is downtown, Dan is at home)

Dan: Kev............Cam and I are going on a boat cruise of the Han River tonight at 8:30, do you want to come?

Kev: Sure, sounds great, I'll meet you around 8.

Dan: OK, see you then.

At about 6:00 p.m. (Kev is home, Dan is at Youido, just off the Han River here in Seoul)

Dan: OK Kev, I bought our tickets, and I asked for 8:30 and the woman assured me that this was 8:30, but the ticket clearly says 21:30. So why don't we shoot for 9:00.

Kev: Aight, sounds good, see you at 9.

9:15 p.m. (Kev, Dan and Cam have met at Youido and are now talking in person)

Dan: Welp, the boat should be here in a few minutes, we should go line up.

Kev: Sounds good, because that boat looks like it's some sort of pirate cruise.

Dan: Yeah, the woman told me there was a cafe on ours, so we're probably not on that one.

Kev: Sweet.

Dan goes outside to see where the line queue is.

Dan: Welp, were going on the pirate boat!

That's how and why we got on the thing. It was still fun, as there was a S. American band playing, the night was clear and the city lights were nice, but the pirate atmosphere wasn't exactly what we were looking for.

Oh well, we were able to make a good time out of it anyway.

The hiking was amazing as we went on one of the clearest days I have had here in the city and we could see the entire city all from the trail and mountain here in our Nowon area neighborhood.

Oh, how I look forward to getting back outdoors in BC!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Nice. Gotta love the randomness of that country sometimes eh?

How long till you're home?

11:27 PM

 
Blogger Kev said...

a few months

9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home