As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Monday, January 30, 2006

Japan Again






I'm sure your all aware that this past weekend was the Lunar New Year, so I wanted to wish you all the best on this......................Lunar New Year...........................moving along.

Essentially it gave us an extra day off, so I used it to go and visit a college buddy from my semester in Abbotsford who is teaching near Osaka, Japan. It was great to see the man know as Neuf, or brother Josh from the Winkdolf (Winkler, MB). We had a great weekend doing dumb things that only we would really appreciate, so I'll spare you all.

One things that made this a great trip was that I got a much better taste of the country, that what my quick trip in June gave me. This was more like the Japan I had imagined, traditional, full of history and interesting, where as my previous trip was one where I didn't have time to go outside the city and found it "dirty" and "empty" on many levels.

This, of course, was courtesy to Josh's "blitzing" nature, which allowed us to jump all over the place during my quick two day visit. We spent a day in Osaka catching up and relaxing, while the next day we were out near Kobe in the morning than back across the area to Kyoto, which was beautiful.

All in all, I recommend.
Kev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home