As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Little Vacation Hangover

After this weekend, and for the first time in about a month, I feel a much bigger semblance of normalcy. However it did take a week of work and dealings with kids in order to get there, I must include that I had some of my own "irregularities" to deal with as well.

I came back from vacation to a new school. I didn't get moved, but the school did a Korean blitz renovation, and they brought about a lot of change for 9 days of work. In 9 days they put in new wallpaper, knocked down walls, made rooms bigger, moved the secretaries and took over the upstairs of our building, which was previously used by UBER school, which closed a few months ago.

So the school changed physically, as did my schedule. It got a whole lot easier and to be honest, it was a little boring. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I missed having a classroom full of kids. A few of my classes are down from 10 kids to 3 or 4 due to the winter vacation the elementary schools have. I have also had a class cancelled and another one moved which makes my work day a lot shorter. I just waste that extra time with a little more sleep in the morning.

I suppose this helped the transition from vacation to work, but this little tid bit didn't. I thought I brought a little friend back to Korea with me from Thailand. I felt like this little guy would tell me when to sleep, when to "go" and when to eat, but luckily I didn't. Who is this friend I thought I brought back, it was a parasite! I did a few things which fellow travelers had done and got them, such as walking barefoot, which was stupid to do, but I was on vacation, and laying on the sand without a towel, where these parasite friends live. After a visit to the doctor and a quick prescription, I was relieved to know that his diagnosis was that I had travelers "frequency", which is a common side affect for visitors to Thailand. I'll leave all that to your imagination (Korea doesn't have Pepto Bismol)!!!!

In other news, and after some time in the Korean winter after the sun in Thailand, i'm opting for the winter beard. Staying warm beats staying presentable. It should last until March, be looking for pictures in February, when I got more blog picture space.

That should do it,

Later,
Kev

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

You suck for having an easy work schedule. Come work at Plus and take some of my classes. I'll show you 16 kids in each class and WAY too many classes with no curriculum.

Enjoy your solace.

1:28 AM

 
Blogger jennspencer said...

i say grow till you go...

2:08 AM

 
Blogger Jamie and Jennica said...

jamie wants to shave his beard because the staff and students are weirded out--talk him out of it please Kev, I think the beard look is in!!!

8:39 PM

 
Blogger Kev said...

The beard has been kaibashed. It was requested by the boss.

It was a nice winter touch, and I still have apirations to bring it back for the winter.

Well see
Kev

11:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home