As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Monday, March 20, 2006

Can the World Really Get Much Smaller?

If you've been following the my blog since I've got here, first of all, I'm impressed and surprised, but second of all, you'd know that I have had some unforeseen "run in's" with people. I'm not referring to a "run in" as something some people have with the law, but simply a meeting of people both known and unknown to me. This afterall is how the great group of western friends I have out here has come together and been known to me.

These occurrences have been through people I know, but also being at the right place at the right time. Such as the case with Chad Graham. Had no idea he was in Korea until I ran into him on a subway platform. Simply, absolutely random things like that (if indeed these are "random" occurrences).

Well, I got two more.

The first has been known to me for a couple months now, and those of you with my Briercrest connection would know who I am reffering to. She is an older woman from New Zealand who was in our Korean language class. A class of about 10 people. She also attends the church that a few of our friends go to, and so after putting the pieces together it was discovered that this woman is...........................Dr. Richard Neville's mom! What a blessing her and her husband have been to us. She is a dear and precious woman who has been a great encouragement and source of wisdom to a young buck like myself, which has been void most of my time out here. She even had a few of us over for lunch Sunday after church and we all got to chat and share stories. She has truly been a blessing in the largest sense of the word.

The next occurrence goes back to my high school days, which are so far gone that I am not sure that anybody know's I'm in Korea, let alone reads my blog. I'll share it anyway. After conversing with my dad, who was chatting with others, it randomly came up (or so I suppose) that I was in Korea teaching English. When they heard this they piped up, this person is here too. I turns out that a friend of mine from high school is teaching in the Busan area (3 hours from Seoul by train) and after a few emails we are going to meet up in the town of Gyeoungju this weekend for a Korean rendezvous. It should be great.

Needless to say these are both occurrences that prove to me, just because I'm not home, doesn't mean home can't come with me.

Got just under 3 months to go, hopefully I can get a few more meetings with people like this before I go.

That's it
Kev

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Kevin, I can't beleive that you're almost finished your contract. It seems your year "flew" by faster than mine did.

Anyway, chillin on Koh Lanta right now soaking up the sun and beach. Soon you'll be free too...FREEEE!!

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home