As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Time for Kev's weekly update!

Greetings to all,

The great thing about living in Seoul is that you can get by just fine without owning a car. This is made possible by the great subway system they have, which definantly outdoes any city I have ever been to, including NYC or Chicago, not that I used those systems all to extensivly, but none the less, it simply means you do a heck a lot of walking. A great benifit to your helath and the envirnoment, but it makes you all the more happy to lie down in bed at home at the end of the day, which also makes it easy to fall asleep, which in case you couldn't tell, I feel like I can right now.

Don't know why that important to anything, maybee somebody just needs to send me some tissue, but we made a trip to the zoo yesterday, so we (Rob, Dan, Matt and I) saw the lions, tigers, bears, puma, lynx, cheatas, giraffes, hippos, reindeer, crocodiles, alligators, monkey's...........but we couldn't find the elephants. The sign was up and their area/pen was huge, but we simply couldn't see them anywhere. It was the last stop of about 4 hours on our feet and something that we had gone out of our way to see, it was terrible, uphill, 5k's, in the snow..................both ways! just kidding, we all know our parents were the only one's who had to walk to school everyday in conditions like those......................only to discover that the elephants were not there. Turns out, or so we were told, they escaped 2 weeks ago! Just imagine with me for a moment, have you ever considered that elephants could blend in with the traffic in the streets of a city. I'm sure it happened, considering how wild and eratic the traffic is over here. I'm sure the elephant didn't stop at a red light, i'm sure the elephant would have ran over pedestrians if they got in its way. Who knows!

Needless to say, we didn't see the elephants or the walrus for that matter, I was really hoping to see them both, but I can't complain, the zoo was $1.50 well spent, as were my legs.

Thats about the all that happend this week that was worthy of being drawn out into a story, which I really have fun doing, other than Dan's arrival of course. I have simply feel like i'm getting more and more comfortable out here as the people are great and i'm starting to get settled down.

Looking forward to another week out here, i'll let you know about it next week, i'm off to bed.

Kev

PS - The boss asked me if I knew of anybody else willing to spend a year in Korea. There is a position opening up at my school in September, if you have a BA and your interested, let me know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home