As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Personal Note

I am still in shock that I am actually in Asia. I have been busy working, figuring out where the grocery stores are, where to put my garbage (still don't know), and how life simply works over here, that I have not had a chance to be discouraged about anything and simply find everything all too funny.

Lets take for example, my recent two day visa run to Japan (I had to go because prior to coming to Korea, there was not enough time to apply for a visa from Canada [need about 4 weeks], so I had to skip over to Japan where I could get it done in 2 hours with the right paper work). I found it all to funny that I was in Japan that most of my time walking around I had a huge grin on my face, mostly to contain that laughter and irony that I had found in actually being in Japan. A place I had never had a desire to be. I wish I could have seen myself, "a grinning idiot."

Needless to say, this had been the nature of my time in Asia, a constant asking, "why the heck am I here." This is something I find great humor in but also joy, as I know how great it is to follow the Lord in obedience. So I look forward to letting you know more about that when I do

Therefore, as much as I can share stories on my blog to let you know of my stay, I hope to also share with you the condition of my spirit, when appropriate. To some of you reading this it may mean a lot or simply nothing, you know who you are, as to me, this blog is a journal, to share more than just stories, experiences thoughts and feelings, but a chance to hear how I have seen the spirit of the Lord work in Asia so that it may be an encouragement to you.

So when the times come (I don't know when or how often), I hope to share with you personal experiences that are beyond the humorous, but vivid example's of the greatness of God for his glory.

May my thoughts and experiences bring you joy, laughter, encouragement and a realization of how wonderful our God is, as I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3: 17-19).

Grace and Peace
Kev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home