As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Little Family Time

The six month update that I was looking forward to has been put on hold for probably another month. This was exciting..................probably only to me.......................because I was looking forward to sharing not just dumb stories of the adventure, but also giving blogland a glimpse into some of the difficulties that have come about while being away. It has been easy to share fun stories, as it often feels like this blog is a journal which I forget that people actually read. So I was looking forward to sharing and explaining the more frustrating moments.

But why has this been the case, and why has it been so long since I updated my blog. Welp, I had to make a quick week long trip back home. For those who are learning this on my blog and now that I am back in Korea, I apologize. My grandfathers health had failed him so I went to spend time with the family. It was great, as the time with family was a good surprise in the middle of a year overseas, but what was even better was the hope that we had that my grandfather is in glory with God the father. Although we cried and will miss him, I have the upmost in confidence that he is in heaven. What a great hope this is to have.

That being said, and after spending to much time on planes, cars and buses to get from my apartment to the airport (2 hours, bus) from the airport to Vancouver (10 hours, plane), from Vancouver to Eugene, Oregon (8 hours, car) and back over a period of seven days, I am bagged. I got my first solid sleep (10 hours) my first night in Korea, and I finally feel refreshed.

What is next you ask? Got classes again this week which I will probably have to play catch up with, then do evaluations for 50 some students then plan the following week of classes and getting back into the swing of things before going off to Thailand for a week of vacation on the beach the following week. None of which I look for sympathy in, quite simply the next few weeks I will be all "over the map" (I suppose this can be quite literal), never mind the fact that I was just "all over the map."

I just consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to do all of this, as I realize how lucky I really am.

These have been my ramblings and journey for now, as I hope to be a little more regular again soon, but that may have to wait until the middle of January.

Thanks again for following,

Kev

"Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle."

"Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up you ancient doors, that the king of glory may come in."

"Who is he, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty, he is the King of Glory."
Psalm 24:8-10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home