As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Brother Yun, The Heavenly Man

Next week will mark my ½ way point in my contract so it should be a good update. You’ll have to come back next weekend.

What I really wanted to mention thought was that last weekend, I had the chance to hear from a most inspiring man, one of the leaders of the house church movement in China, who’s story is comparable to many of the events in the book of Acts, which the pastor introduced him as. This was a night with Brother Yun (in Chinese, pronounced “uun”).

For a man with a story that will blow you away not just as a result of what he had been through, but the faithfulness of the Lord in it all, he had a very simple message. “More Living Water!” Time and time again, he would stress the need for more living water from Jesus.

His legs were crushed, he spent time in prison and in prison in China, fasted for 70 days (can’t actually remember the exact number) while in prison, jumped out of houses to get away from authorities and was even given a vision and timing from the Lord that he would escape prison in China. And his message was simple, “more living water.” Jesus, prayer, holiness. These were his calls for a western church to which was far different that his experience in China.

I don’t know how else to explain it. There was great anticipation to see this man, at least I couldn’t wait and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I suppose I was selfishly looking to hear some crazy stories, but the message was simply, “more living water”. It is Jesus that we need and Jesus who is the Lord of all. It was very simple, and the Lord did a great thing that night.

If you would like to listen to the evening you can, it is at
http://www.oemyangjae.org/public_upload/BrotherYoon_051126_3.wmv

I haven’t tried the link yet, but it was in the bulletin at church today. I hope it includes the ones who introduced him.

God is good.

Kev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home