As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Galbi Place - 앖사요

This place has become a piece of me ever since I arrived. It is a where I have weekly gone for food with colleagues, friends and others who found themselves privileged enough to have been to this place. It was a place that I suppose, was too good to be true!

It was a cheap Korean BBQ restaurant. We could sit on the porch, watch people and cook meat on the table in front of us while enjoying the company and atmosphere that this place provided. It was phenomenal!

But now it is gone, and I feel like a piece of me has been taken, (does this mean I have been here too long?). I walked by it on Tuesday night, waved at the door man and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. On my way home the next day, the porch was torn up on there was a bulldozer in the front door. I was shocked/upset/disappointed and many other things.

I have walked by this place on my way home from work everyday, waved at the doorman and he has just been a part of life here. I suppose it just means I will have to find a new galbi restaurant for my final month and a bit.............................but I don't want too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Sucks for a lack of cheap galbi.

Don Bak Sa Galbi is a chain, so I'll bet you can find another...I hope so for your sake!

Have you checked out Nolbu Galbi at Changdong Station yet? More expensive, but most definitely and without a doubt the BEST galbi I've ever had in my entire life! It's 24 hours, so give it a try before you peace outta there.

You won't regret it! ;)

Andrea

-I miss galbi!

4:03 AM

 
Blogger Lydia said...

Are you sure they're not just renovating? Stop this horrid rumour until you know it's fact!

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home