As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Monday, October 10, 2005

Not Sure How to Explain the Weekend

The past weekend was a strange one. I have been thinking about how to put them into words, or either if that is worth doing. Some of the things may have been "you had to be there" moments, others can be told by those who were around with me, and a few were even caught on video, which I may have watched multiple times because I can't get over how funny and just stupid some of these moments were. So I'll just put them out there and let you decide for yourself.

a) The parents at our sports day were absolutely ridiculous. They were right into the games. From the heeve-ho during the tug-o-war, which it looked like they had been practicing before they arrived, to watching the mothers and fathers sprint heat after heat after heat. It was pure comedy. One of the better and funnier moments was watching on of the "bigger" moms with a look of a possessed woman absolutely fly past the other moms in a sprint. I wish I could describe it. I'll leave the mental image to you, big Korean woman running very quickly past other, smaller Korean women, with people up and down the side of the track cheering her on.

b) I farted in an elevator. Dan and I were going down from our place on the fifth floor when we got in to find a lone female in the elevator car. I leaned against the elevator rail, Dan did as well as he ate his pineapple and it got quiet. pppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We tried to hold in the laughter, but it was just to much. I little bit of over tiredness I suppose. Woopsies.

c) I have come to enjoy a Korean desert called pa-bing-su. It is ice-cream with shaved ice, fruit, beans, candy and at times, cereal flakes. So Dan, Rob, Andrea and I got a King Bing-Su. It was huge, and due to a potential communication mishap (I get used to these, "roll with the punches") we almost got 4 king-bing-su's. I also suggested that, "I eat my pants outside." I was cold, just ate ice cream and was trying to explain that I have pants on and a long sleeve shirt, so what more do I need to do to not be cold. Instead what came out was, "I eat my pants outside". This was funny because it happened just after Dan did this........................

d) Out of nowhere and without and sign of being provoked, Dan takes the tomatoes that we had removed from out pa-bing-su, puts them on the mother spoon, and slings them over his shoulder. It was funny because it was so random and because we were on the roof of the restaurant and below was a fancy patio restaurant. It was at night and all you could see was the tomatoes being shot into the distance and disappearing. It was absolutely hilarious, there is video evidence of how humorous this was to me, but you'll have to wait for Christmas.

e) We went to a Jazz Bar and paid $15 for a coffee. The music wasn't worth it. It was good, but Seoul has better.

I have nothing more to say. It has been fun.
Kev

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home