As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Moving Towards November

Over the past few weeks I have continued to find it difficult to write and update like I have when I first arrived in Korea. This doesn't just effect the quality of what I say, but also the quantity, so I apologize for not keeping regular. At least for those of you who are regular, which I suspect is a few from home, my parents and my fellow foreign teachers who have time to spare at work.

This past week has been a crazy one. I have had to evaluate about 50 kids, get ready for Halloween by finding a costume, and decorating the school and somewhere in there find a place to sleep. So now that it is Saturday morning I am feeling rested after a 10 hour sleep which began at 10pm on Friday night. What a great feeling!

So the Halloween party we had with the kids went well. It made for a real long day, but it was great to see these little ones dressed up, and most of them weren't simply putting on a cape, but were all done up to the "nines". This included hats, face paint and anything that a costume would need to make it the entire thing, not just a little bit here and there. The pictures should tell a little more.

What is on the go for me for the next few weeks/months. Dan and I have been working on a Christmas DVD to send home, which I am really excited about. This isn't going to be Grandma's slideshow from her winter in Arizona! I hope to send copies home in the next few weeks, and when they get there, thanks to the help of mom, she will distribute them to you all. Thanks Mom!

I also have to get working on the details of my Christmas break in Thailand. We have booked tickets. Here's how this will work. Our last class on the Friday before our break gets out at 6:05 p.m. I intend on having a taxi ready for us at 6:04 p.m. to whip Dan and I to the airport for a 9 p.m. flight. The airport is two hours away, we will have to go through check-in, security and Korean departure immigration all before we get on the plane. It will be a gong show, but worth it when we get to the beach, as long as we get on the flight! Our only other option is to leave 2 days later as all the seats are booked, for our price range on the next day.

I think that is all. Once again, I will let the picture do the talking.

Kev

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Posting does get to be a little more difficult after a while eh? At first you're like "yeah, this is awesome...and weird" and then you start thinking..."man, i'm in for the long haul." haha.
Keep it up. Great pics.

1:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee...............this is the one and only beast from the east givin mad props to yall in KOREA......its none other than D-Double aka Dubba aka D-Bubbles aka Lil Bro'....want to give mad love to everybody in korea. i did not realize they celebrated halloween over thurr, but i now know so ya word up...well the pics are great and my personal favorite was dan gettin cuaght pickin his nose cuz someitmes you just gotta pick it'.....man its late here in O-town and i got class early, but mad props to yall............one love.............

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

www.simonpoultneyfoundation.org

Go here.

Buy a book.

The Poultney's Rule.

1:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home