As I plan my travels, I also plan to update those back home. This is how............

Monday, August 08, 2005

Nothing in Particular

Thought I would mention and update a few things...............

a) The Korean pastor I meet and meant to connect with hasn't happened yet. We were returning phone calls for about 3 weeks and the past couple weeks, things have faded. Unfortuantly. I hope to try again in a few months, we'll see.

b) When you attend a Korean church, you can expect to spend the day there. About 9-4 or so, at least this is what I have been told. This includes workship service, lunch, prayer time and bible study.

c) I almost "fake kicked" a child in a stroller at the mall. I will get back to this on my next entry so please hold off of the "you are a terrible person" or "child hater" emails until then. It'll be good......................I suppose it better be!

d) Within the last 1/2 hour our hot water has been turned back on after a 3 week absence.

e) I had to write a letter to a parent who was not happy with the evaluation I gave of her child. That is the way these schools work, say good things, keep the kids coming therefore paying the school, and everybody wins and makes money, except the kids. Joel From would have a field day out here that is for sure. I have mixed feelings about that as I experience it. I suppose this will require more info on the next entry as well......................

Just keep coming and i'll keep writing....................

Kev

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my.....so it is hard to conform to Korean regulations!! Honesty hurts, especially to a mom about her child.....speaking of child, "fake Kicked?" Yikes!
Yeah Hot H2O and long church sundays! Sounds like you could use more long sundays in your week!

2:10 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Yeah, if you say bad stuff about a Korean kid to a parent ALWAYS follow it with something positive. This isn't a school per se, it's a business. If you look at it that way it's a lot easier to handle. Things are different here.

I witnessed the fake kick. It was meant for Dan. Priceless.

7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home